It began years ago, when technology enabled many public bathrooms to change to hands-free. Other than the obvious hands-on responsibilities, many o...
Virginia has a horrible history with racial gerrymandering. It started with the ratification of the Constitution, an effort led by Virginians who...
RICHMOND, Va. – The General Assembly has passed two identical bills intended to help social workers in the fight against minor-involved human traff...
Black History Month was created to devote one period during the year to highlight the contributions of African Americans. It represents an opportun...
- Integrity And Ethical Business Practices In Real Estate And Property Management 0 comments
- Sarku Japan Grand Opening Event at Dulles Expo Center Location, VA 0 comments
- Will Your Business or Organization Be Featured in the 2018-2019 Newcomers & Community Guide? 0 comments
- Be Part of the Pet Connection 0 comments
- Day School Fall/Winter Children‛s Consignment Sale! Oct 25-27 0 comments
- Saturday, October 21: Torpedo Factory Art Center 22nd Annual Art Safari 0 comments
- Mapmaking Politics
- Opinion: Commentary: We Both Deserve $15. Why Don’t Our Virginia Senators Think So?
- Why a Regional Wage in Virginia?
- General Assembly Snuffs Marijuana Legalization Hopes for Now in Virginia
- Over 1,000 Democrat-Backed Bills Pass by Crossover in Virginia
- Titan Spirit: T.C. Williams High School Inducts Athletes into Hall of Fame
- Bishop Ireton High School Honors Athletes
- Chinquapin Wahoos Now 3-1 in Swimming
- T.C. Williams Crew Takes Bronze at Canadian National
- T.C. Williams Sends Six Boats to Championship Races
- Opinion: Column: Useless Is As Useless Doesn’t Have To Do
- Opinion: Commentary: Climate Change at Our Doorstep
- Opinion: Letter to the Editor: Making Virginia a Climate Leader
- Opinion: Letter to the Editor: Targeted by Scammers
- Opinion: Commentary: Assault Weapons Ban – Getting It Right in Virginia
- Optimist Club of Alexandria Essay Winner
- People At Work: Urban Alliance Partners with Inova to Sponsor High School Interns
- Be My Guest: T.C. Williams Cadet is Kaine’s SOTU Guest
- “Crazy, Awesome, Awesome Opportunity” in Alexandria
- Alexandria City Public Schools Awarded Grant to Turn School Buses Green
Legislative Black Caucus leads effort to undermine redistricting amendment.
Virginia has a horrible history with racial gerrymandering. It started with the ratification of the Constitution, an effort led by Virginians who wanted to count slaves as three-fifths of a person so representation in the south wouldn’t suffer because so many of its inhabitants were non-voting enslaved people. It continued all the way to 2011, when the Republican leaders engaged in a scheme of packing black voters into House districts to dilute their influence elsewhere, a plan the United States Supreme Court later determined was unconstitutional. Now members of the Legislative Black Caucus are worried a proposed amendment might enshrine racial gerrymandering into the Virginia Constitution.
General Assembly passes bills to combat human trafficking of minors.
Lessons on the contributions of African Americans not limited to February.
How Virginia is taking the high road.