March 22, 2019
In the 1926, the Town of Potomac built this combination Town Hall and fire station. It’s currently in use by the Alexandria Fire Department.
Stories this photo appears in:
Uncovering the secret past in the Town of Potomac.
Gambling. Corruption, Racism. Greed. These are all part of a little-known narrative from the Del Ray's long-ago past, a time when progressive leaders closed a corrupt racetrack and formed the Town of Potomac, only to see an unwanted attempt by Alexandria City Hall to steal the land in a controversial annexation.